The NSW Government has published the Public Health Order (“PHO”) which outlines restrictions in place from Monday 11 October, 2021 after the State reached the 70% double vaccination milestone earlier this week.
The Club has been monitoring, reviewing updates and information from various sources, including the NSW Government, Clubs NSW and GolfNSW over the past few weeks and, working through how these changes impact our members, visitors, staff and daily operations.
GolfNSW has provided the following advice regarding Golf Club Operations from Monday 11 October;
- Any person entering a club premise (clubhouse), including the pro shop, must be fully vaccinated.
- Those not fully vaccinated can only enter a club premise for takeaway purposes (food and drink), and click and collect retail, or to ‘check in’ for golf. They may not browse the retail spaces.
- A club must take reasonable steps to ensure a person complies with the Public Health Order when entering the premises.
- The golf course and clubhouse surrounds, if club rules permit, can be accessed/utilised by unvaccinated patrons in line with outdoor gathering restrictions.
- Golf NSW recommends the use of modified local rules in NSW. The use of the modified playing conditions should be included as a part of a Club’s COVID-19 Safety Plan including no rakes in bunkers, no swapping of scorecards etc.
- Two players may use the same motorised cart if they are double vaccinated.
- No distance limits apply for exercise or recreation for double vaccinated members. Unvaccinated members are only allowed to travel within their LGA or 5kms from their home for exercise or recreation.
Golf Booking Timesheets
From Saturday 23 October, timesheets will be available as follows:
- Groups of 4 for double vaccinated members and visitors.
- Groups of 2 for unvaccinated members and visitors.
The majority of times will be allocated as groups of 4, in line with current vaccination rates. These will be monitored and adjusted in the coming weeks as changes occur.
As our timesheets open 2 weeks in advance, making changes to existing timesheets that are already open is not possible. Member timesheets will continue to open online as per our current schedule and arrangements.
The Golf Shop will continue to operate under the “Click and Collect” model which is currently in place. This will allow all members and visitors to be served in a consistent and safe way, protecting our staff who will wear masks in the Golf Shop as required.
Staff will check Vaccination Certificates of all visitors to the Club along with IDs to ensure travel compliance for the unvaccinated, with information provided at the time of booking over the phone regarding our rules at CGC and the enforcement of the PHO.
QR Code Sign-In remains compulsory for all members and visitors. People who are double vaccinated are not required to wear masks outdoors. People not fully vaccinated must wear a mask outdoors, unless exercising. Compliance of the PHO at all times is essential and non-compliance will not be tolerated at CGC. The Board fully supports the General Manager and has instructed him to advise his staff that non-compliance / unreasonable behavior will not be accepted. In need, staff have also been instructed to contact and request support from authorities as appropriate.